Saturday, July 09, 2005

fuck it all to hell


I'm pretending that I've never done this. Well fuck, I have. Yes, I'm swearing.

so that's my latest battle...my sense of language and choosing to use the f word on the mic at shows. don't care much, i'm just the singer. I write words and then I say them.

This London stuff is quite telling. I listened to BBC World News on Siris most of the day today. I was cleaning and it seemed quite trivial to me that I'm so worried about the condition of my living space as London proper and Birmingham in the midlands are so focused on national security.

Even as I write here, I'm thinking "my left middle finger nail is too long to type with anymore". Seems like blogs are best suited for those with political opinion or some righteous cause to support. Well, I'm both of those things yet more concerned with whether or not my carpets are dashingly clean should I happen to invite friends over for tea.

I have practice tomorrow at 4pm. I labor over whether or not the band will make it through the next tough patch I see coming on the horizon. Regardless, my mother is here and alive so all is well. The cats are fed well and fat and my rent check might have some hopes of clearing this month so I could be in sound shape.

If I believed in God, I'd pray for those who are experiencing what it is that we felt empathetically on September 11th. As I sit here I recall Wednesday evening feeling a distinct dissatisfaction with how someone I know who is from London may be at that moment. I was concerned for him as I drove out of downtown Seattle. the next morning I hear of the bombings on the tube and bus.

I remember last I visited London. I was close to Tottingham Court Road tube stop. When I think of him now I am teary and I wish that things were different for me but I know he's okay. I just know he has people there that he cares about.

anyway, nothing is as important as peace. The 10th year anniversary of the massacre in Bosnia has passed. The loved ones of the victims are yet to some of their dead. My thoughts are with the world we live in and this life of mine in general. Getting it on track somehow makes me feel as if I'm contributing to society in some way.

saying your thoughts are with something doesn't seem as important as saying your prayers are with someone. For me in my spirit, it holds as much meaning and I hope does as much good.

P.S. BLOG isn't in the blog dictionary of spell check. Irony has no limits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home